A Little Bit About Me

My photo
Blog-ger: one who writes in a public forum. That's about it as far as I am concerned. I write because I like to.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

When A Heart Breaks, It Don't Break Even

I'm sitting here toughing it out at about 2 am. I am listening to The Script. There is a huge thunderstorm moving in. I hate storms more than just about anyone can imagine. It's irrational and I've never lost everything to a storm but I'm constantly in fear that I might.

It makes it hard to be stuck up this late. I wish I could have slept through it. I understand why I am up. My brain won't shut down and today the pain was almost intolerable. For those who don't know, I have a back condition and other unknown problems; thanks to a doctor who is hunting and pecking for a diagnosis rather than just running tests.

I was asked today, "rate your pain from 1 to 5. 5 being the worst." I'm sorry but that's just not a detailed enough pain scale for me. I have so many different aches I need more options. :) I know that sounds stupid but it is what it is today.

How many of you suffer from arthritis or other unrelated joint and muscle pains? If you do, then you understand what i go through every day. Picture falling down a flight of stairs only to get up like nothing happened then find a softball size bruise. Now slap it. That's what it feels like all over.

I know I'm just complaining today but if you go back and read my past posts you'll see I don't complain about my aches and pains, but today has been one of the worst days ever. It sucks. I wish there was someway to show my doctor exactly what's wrong with me without insulting them. I'm sorry that I know better; it is what is happening to me at this moment in my life.

At this age, I should not have all of the problems that I do. I wish there was something that I could do. I feel like I just need to go for a 10 mile run, I can hardly make it to the bathroom. I'm hoping that this will pass with the storm that's brewing outside my windows.

It's supposed to be pretty ugly today. I hate storms because the pressure changes put strain on my joints.

Well, If you have made it this far in my post and you've read it all, please comment on it. I appreciate it and I want to read your blog since you have taken the time to read mine.

Have a wonderful night.

Remember to always Dance Out All The Pains

No comments:

Post a Comment