A Little Bit About Me

My photo
Blog-ger: one who writes in a public forum. That's about it as far as I am concerned. I write because I like to.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bicycles, Dancing, and Losing Big

I was reading an article in the New York Times this evening; it was about a man with end-stage Parkinson's Disease who could ride a bicycle with ease.

The news comes because of the way the neural pathways are formed in the brain. Walking and running are pathways that are linked in one area of the brain whereas riding a bike requires a different set of skills and thus is wired in a separate part.

With those two not in the same area, Parkinson's doesn't affect them, normally, at the same time. This man had a conditionary symptom that disallowed him to walk normally, he stumbled and froze in place because of it, but after seeing him jump on a bicycle and ride around like it was as easy as breathing, it was amazing. It gives me so much hope for my career and my options in the medical field. I'm so excited!

Here's the link: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/01/health/01parkinsons.html?ref=research

I hope you check it out!!!

I also read, since i couldn't watch, that Kate Gosselin is safe this week and Buzz Aldrin is gone. I would rather see Buzz that Kate anyday. She's just too whiny. If you need someone to work with you Kate, don't cry about it and yell like a 4-yr old. Just tell them! I think people who voted for her more often just wanted to see her trainwreck each week.

She was horrible. I'm sorry Kate, but you're too stiff, and your face looks like your going to hurl, either ease up or go home. Chill out and enjoy this, don't get pissed at Tony everytime you don't get something. Take some advice from the PD patient and his ability to ride a bicycle, Chill out and believe in yourself.

I also am watching some Biggest Loser! I am upset at the people who a couple weeks ago, I think Week 10, the people who ate the cupcakes, You are rude, hateful people who resort to giving people minutes b/c your too lazy to do the work yourself. Why work hard and be proud for it even if you go home when you can be lowdown and hateful? wow what a wonderful story to teach your children, family, and friends.

Good Night
Remember to always Dance Out All The Pains!

No comments:

Post a Comment